Aberdeen GY 129

Aberdeen built 12/10/1896 Mackie & Thomson of Govan for Hagerup & Doughty
04/1906 Sold to Consolidated Steam Fishing & Ice Co
10/1914 Requisitioned 
1919 Returned to the owners 
01/1925 she went to Lowestoft Registered as LT 123 owned by Consolidated Steam Fishing & Ice Co
19/11/1937 Don Trawling Co. Docks Milford
17/03/1939 Pair Fishing Co. Docks Milford
11/03/1941 Bombed whilst in Cardigan Bay 8 Crew lost 2 saved
None hit the trawler but were close enough to cause the trawler to take on water causing her to settle at the stern
When attacked the vessel was out bound from Milford Haven for the Cardigan Bay fishing grounds

Shown Here as LT 123
Shown here with Kind permission of Steve Farrow
SurnameForenamesAge at DeathDate of DeathRankBoat
BarberJohn Charles5611/03/1941SkipperAberdeen
ButlerArthur5911/03/19413rd HandAberdeen
CatchpoleFredrick Ernest4011/03/1941Chief EngineerAberdeen
CoeWilliam A3412/03/19412nd HandAberdeen
CruickshankGordon4405/04/1941Chief EngineerAberdeen
Gault John4727/03/19412nd HandAberdeen
Harrison Leslie2911/03/19413rd EngineerAberdeen
MillsWilliam Thomas5011/03/1941FiremanAberdeen
MooreEdward7127/03/1941Chief EngineerAberdeen
MurphyJames Arthur5111/03/19412nd EngineerAberdeen
PageGeorge Henry4911/03/1941CookAberdeen

Her details are

  • Official Number 106676
  • Yard Number 121
  • Admiralty Number 639
  • Armaments 1 – 6pdr
  • 163 GT 63 NT
  • Dimensions 104.2 x 20.5 x 10.7
  • Quarter Deck 17′ Foc’sle 19′
  • Engines T 3-Cyl. 45 rhp by Muir & Houston, Glasgow

1941 Bombed by aircraft in Cardigan Bay