Categories
Uncategorised

Balmoral GY 1001

Balmoral built 20/04/1916 by Cochranes of Selby for Queen Steam Fishing Co  06/1917 Requisitioned as minesweeper and renamed Balmoral II Based at KirkwallReturned 12/03/1919 and reverted to Balmoral 11/1939 Requisitioned as an auxiliary patrol vessel 06/1940 Converted to a minesweeper and renamed Avalanche and based at Grimsby ungrouped 24/11/1944 Duties as Balloon Barrage 05/1945 Returned and reverted to Balmoral 02/1956 Sold to B Nijkerk SA Belgium 04/1956 Registry Closed


Her Details are

  • Official Number 139932
  • Yard Number 665
  • Call Sign MGPD
  • Admiralty Number FY 3043, FY 1895
  • Armament 1-6pdr AA
  • GT 222 NT 97
  • Quarter deck 69
  • Dimensions 117.1 x 21.6 x 11.5
  • Engines by C D Holmes  66rhp 3 cyl 10 knots

Broken up 04/1956 at Haren