Categories
Uncategorised

Alafoss GY 160

Alafoss Built 21/09/1929 by Cochrane & Sons Selby for Consolidated Fisheries Ltd Grimsby
August 1939 Requisitioned by the Admiralty as a minesweeper.
Later bought by the Admiralty. 
1940 Based at Grimsby 
1941 Joined the 16th Minesweeper Group based at Grimsby
1943 Joined the 179th Minesweeper Group based at Grimsby
01/1946 Bought back from the Admiralty by Consolidated Fisheries Ltd and given new registration number GY 307


Her Details are 

  • Official Number 160980
  • Yard Number 1061
  • Call Sign GRCP
  • Admiralty Number FY 715
  • Armament 1-12pdr
  • GT 357 NT 150
  • Quarter deck 78 Foc’sle 22
  • Engines C D Holmes & Co Ltd 3 Cyl 13½, 24, 39 x 27in, 103 Hp
  • Dimensions 140.4 x 25 x 13.2

Scrapped 02/1957