Categories
Uncategorised

Aquamarine GY 97

Aquamarine Built 23/02/1928 by Cook Welton & Gemmell Beverley for Kingston Steam Trawling Co Ltd Hull H 388  1937 Lengthened to 151.5 feet 357 GT at Smiths Dock Co Ltd South Bank Middlesbrough 30/08/1939 Requisitioned as an Auxiliary Patrol Vessel  Converted to an Anti- Submarine Vessel and joined the Northern Patrol 
21/09/1944 Returned 24/08/1945 Sold to Grimsby Motor Trawlers Ltd Grimsby and renamed Hargood GY 97  16/11/1948 Bought by J. C. Llewellin Milford Haven and renamed Westhaze H 589 managed by St. Andrews Steam Fishing Co Hull


Her Details are 

  • Official Number 160098
  • Yard Number 492
  • Admiralty Number FY 4.00
  • GT 352 NT 151
  • Dimensions 151.5 x 24 x 12.9
  • Quarter Deck 77 Foc’sle 31
  • Engines Charles D. Holmes 96 NHP 11 knots

Arrived at Gateshead for scrapping on the 19/07/1955