Categories
Uncategorised

Aracari GY 355

Aracari Original Name was Seagul built 07/11/1907 by Cook Welton & Gemmell Beverley for Cleethorpes Steam Trawling Co Ltd Grimsby 09/1914 Requisitioned as a minesweeper    16/04/1918 Sold to Walter H. Beeley Grimsby 21/05/1918 Sold to Ernest Taylor Grimsby  1919 Returned to owners 07/07/1919 Bought by Taylor & Ashworth Fleetwood  1920 Talbot Steam Trawling Co Ltd Fleetwood Registered as FD 218  1926 Sold to R. W. Lewis Aberdeen Registered as A 155 1932 Bought by Mrs M. Laycock Milford haven Registered as M 101  1932 Bought by Pettit & Younds Milford haven 1939 Requisitioned as a minesweeper  1940 Returned to commercial fishing  1943 Requisitioned as a fuel carrier Y 7.2 


Her Details are

  • Official Number 127824
  • Yard Number 159
  • Admiralty Number FY 514 Y 7.2
  • Armament 1-12pdr and 1-6 pdr AA
  • GT 245 NT 113
  • Quarter deck 76 Foc’sle 19
  • Dimensions 120.5 x 22 x 11.9
  • Engines Amos & Smith 76 NHP 10½ knots

Ran aground on Filicudi Island north of Sicily on the 03/10/1943 Declared a total loss