Categories
Uncategorised

Argonaut GY 189

Built 22/09/1906 by Cochranes of Selby for Consolidated Steam Fishing & Ice Company Being registered on 30/01/1907
Her registry was closed 09/1914 but this was in error.  06/08/1914 Captured by the German torpedo boat G 173 54 41N 07 45E   24/08/1914 Reported Sunk
29/02/1915 She was taken to Cruhaven After a court in Hamburg ruled she went to Dieppe where she was renamed JEAN MAX owned by Denos Lebreton Dieppe France 1919 She went to Boston Deep Sea Fishing & Ice Co. Ltd. Boston. Renamed Ewerby BN 158
1935 she was sold to J.C. Douglas and Renamed CLOUGHSTONE, registered as A 257
12/1940 Requisitioned as a Barrage Baloon Vessel Pennant 4.446
1943 She went to Northern Trawlers of Grimsby
1944 She was converted to an Esso Vessel
1945 She was returned to owners
Later that year she was sold to Lord Line of Hull. Registered as H 374
1949 she went to Milford Fisheries, Owner O.W. Limbrick for further details follow this link http://www.milfordtrawlers.org.uk/She was still owned by them in 1953

Her Details are

  • Official Number 125044
  • Yard Number 384
  • Call Signs OJYP / GDDX
  • GT 225 NT 106
  • Dimensions 117.2 x 22 x 11.6
  • Quarter Deck 66′ Foc’sle 18′
  • Engines by C.D. Holmes of Hull Triple expansion 67 HP

24/08/1914 Sunk by torpedo boat in the North Sea see above Finally Scrapped 1955