Categories
Uncategorised

Flying Wing GY 690

Flying Wing built 1915 Cook Welton & Gemmell Beverley for Marshall Line Steam Fishing Co Ltd Grimsby 11/1915 Requisitioned as a minesweeper  1919 Returned to commercial fishing  29/02/1917 Sold to Henry C. Baker Grimsby  26/03/1918 Bought by William Baynton Grimsby  Returned 1919 23/03/1920 Bought by the Headway Steam Fishing Co Ltd Grimsby  26/01/1922 Sold to Sir Thomas Robinson Grimsby  17/09/1927 Registered to Sir Thomas Robinson & Sons Grimsby  27/11/1939 Requisitioned as a minesweeper  08/04/1940 Returned to commercial fishing  28/05/1940 Requisitioned as an anti-submarine vessel  07/08/1946 Returned to commercial fishing  1962 Sold for scrap to Van Den Bossche & Co Belgium  

Her Details are

  • Official Number 138939
  • Yard Number 324
  • Admiralty number FY 1958
  • Armament 1-6pdr AA
  • GT 226 NT 109
  • Quarter deck 61
  • Dimensions 1147 x 22 x 12.7
  • Engines Amos & Smith 70 NHP 9 knots

Arrived at Boom for scrapping