Categories
Uncategorised

Lionheart GY 222

Lionheart Built 1930 Smith’s Dock Co. Ltd Stockton-on-Tees For Consolidated Fisheries Ltd Grimsby  1941 Purchased from Consolidated Fisheries to replace pilot cutter Prudence that had been requisitioned Converted into a pilot cutter by Charles Hill of Bristol placed in service London Pilotage District Served during WW2 Southend Harwich Sunk pilot station and Ramsgate Dumpton stationAfter WW2 she served on both Sunk and Dungeness stations 
1952 Sold to Dutch trawler owners in Holland where she became Jacoba Sold later in the year to other Dutch owners renamed Gelria registered to the port of Ijmuiden


Her Details are

  • Official Number 160991
  • Yard Number S925 
  • GT 367 NT 145 
  • Dimensions 141.7 x 25.5 x 13.6  
  • Quarter deck 78 Foc’sle 23 
  • Engines 3Cyl 13.5, 24, 39 in x 27 in 107 NHP by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd Middlesbrough 
  • Call Sign GQNK

Broken up by Frank Rijsdijk Holland B.V. Hendrik Ido Ambacht 04/1963