Categories
Uncategorised

Lord Stanhope GY 931

Built by A. Hall Aberdeen 01/07/1916 for Beacon Steam Fishing Co. Ltd, Grimsby
Registered 01/08/1916

09/1916 Requisitioned and converted to minesweeper
1919 Returned to owners
02/1918 owned by H Smethurst
03/1918 owned by W Smethurst
07/1918 went to Whitby Owner W Barton WY 285
01/1920 Changed Registry to GY 815 owned by B Levinson, Grimsby
07/1922 Went to Aberdeen renamed SANSONNET and owned by A Bruce, Aberdeen (A 862)
03/04/1940 Bombed and sunk near Muckle Flugga Shetland Isles
Served as SANSONNET in WW2

Her Details are

Official Number 138978
Yard Number 522
Admiralty Number 2961
Armaments 1 – 12 pdr
GT 212 NT 82
Dimensions 115.5 x 22.1 x 11.9
Engines 78 RHP 3 Cylinder 12″, 20″,34″ x 24″ Boiler 180 lb