Categories
Uncategorised

Rattray GY 720

Built by Hall & Russell of Aberdeen 1900 for Fraserburgh & North of Scotland Steam Trawling Co Ltd FR 854 1904 owned by Fraserburgh & North of Scotland Steam Trawling Co Ltd FR 834
1914 Requisitioned and converted to minesweeper 08/1915 Returned to the Fishing Fleet 1917 Requisitioned into the Fishery Reserve 1919 Returned to owners (SN 104) Registered 18/10/1915

10/1915 owned by J W Smethurst 10/1916 owned by GY Group Owners 10/1916 Registered as GY 720 1920 by Rattray S F Co. Ltd, Grimsby 04/03/1922 Transferred to Aberdeen 1923 by G King, AberdeenThen transferred to Milford Haven 1930 owned by G W Fowler A 872 1936 owned by J Martin 1937 owned by G W Fowler Was attacked several times whilst at Milford – See http://www.milfordtrawlers.org.uk/ 1942 owned by Pair Fishing Co Milford Haven M 246 1945 owned by O Curphrey 1953 owned by E Whitmarsh, Milford

Her Details are

  • Official Number 110860
  • Yard Number 341
  • Call Sign SDML,MDZM
  • Admiralty Number 357
  • GT 182 NT 71
  • Dimensions 110.2 x 21.2 x 11.4
  • Engines by Hall & Russell 3 Cyl 11.5″,19″,33″ x 22″ 69 RHP 10.5 Knots
  • Crew 10 men