Categories
Uncategorised

Regardo GY 623

REGARDO was built by Cook Welton & Gemmel on 01/07/1915 for G F Sleight.
12/1915 she was requisitioned by the Royal Navy and converted to a minesweeper
1919 she was returned to the owners
17/11/1933 Sold to Sleight & Humphreys Grimsby
11/1939 Requisitioned by the Royal Navy as a minesweeper / Fuel carrier
Whilst at Grimsby she was Ungrouped
1943 Based at Dover for minesweeping duties around “Hellfire Corner”, She sustained slight damage from a near miss shell in July.
01/1944 converted to an Esso
17/12/1945 Returned to owners
17/05/1949 Sold to G F Sleight
15/10/1956 Sold to Derwent Trawlers Grimsby
26/07/1960 Sold to Yorkshire Trawlers Grimsby

Her details are

  • Official Number 137035
  • Yard Number 330
  • Admiralty Number 1963
  • Pennant FY 831 / Y 7.33 (Esso)
  • Armaments 1-12pdr AA
  • 248 GT 108 NT
  • Dimensions 120.5 x 22 x 12.2
  • Quarter Deck 67′
  • Engines by C D Holmes 80 NHP 10.5 Knots

1962 Sold for scrap to Van Heyghen Freres Belguim, Arriving 08/05/1962 Bruges for breaking