Categories
Uncategorised

Ronso GY 605

Ronso built by Cook Welton & Gemmel 01/07/1915 for G F Sleight. Requisitioned 01/1916 and converted to a minesweeper staying with the Navy until 1920 17/11/1933 sold to Sleight & Humphrey of Grimsby
Requisitioned in to the Navy 11/1939 and converted to an APV, 04/1940 Converted to a minesweeper, She was based at Grimsby (ungrouped), 03/1944 Converted to an Esso
Returned 11/01/1946
17/05/1949 sold to George F Sleight
15/10/1956 sold to Derwent Trawlers of Grimsby
26/07/1960 sold to Yorkshire Trawlers of Grimsby
1962 Sold for Scrap to Van Heyghen Freres of Belgium

Photo supplied by Photomarine collection

Her Details are

  • Official Number 137034
  • Yard number 329
  • Admiralty Number 862
  • Armament 1 – 6pdr
  • Pennant FY 841 / Y7.33
  • 248 GT 108 NT
  • Dimensions 120.5 x 22 x 12.2
  • Quarter deck 67′
  • Engines by C D Holmes 80 NHP 10.5 Knots

08/05/1962 arrived for breaking at Bruges