Categories
Uncategorised

Ross Mallard GY 699

Ross Mallard built 06/04/1962 Cochranes of Selby for Ross Trawlers 
05/1963 she was sold to Alsey Steam Fishing Co 
01/1966 sold to Ross Trawlers 
06/1971 sold to G F Sleight 
09/1971 sold to British United Trawlers Scotland 
1971 moved to Granton
1971 Registered to George Frederick Sleight & Sons Ltd
1973 Transferred to British United Trawlers Granton Ltd
1977 To Strathcoe Fishing Co Ltd Aberdeen
1979 Transferred to British United Trawlers Aberdeen Ltd
1980 Sold to Drifter-Trawlers Ltd Lowestoft part of Colne Group for use as an oil rig supply vessel
14/06/1980 Arrived at Lowestoft
10/1980 Renamed as Bermuda
1991 Sold for scrap to Spearings 

Photo Supplied by Photomarine

Her Details Are 

  • Official Number 304775
  • Yard No 1478
  • Call Sign GJWS
  • 288 GT 92 NT
  • Dimensions 107.5 x 24.5 x 12.5
  • Foc’sle 20′
  • Engines 6-cylinder 785hp Ruston


22/08/1991 Left Lowestoft bound for the breakers yard The vessel had a reprieve from the cutting torch however when she was re- sold for use it appears as a salvage vessel