Carmarthen Castle GY 62

Carmarthen Castle Built 19/09/1933 Smiths Dock Co Ltd South Bank Middlesbrough for Consolidated Fisheries Ltd Swansea
27/10/1933 Mr. William Reed at Smiths Dock sent a telegram to Consolidated Fisheries advising that owing to adverse weather conditions the Carmarthen Castle would not be able to leave the dock today as had been originally planned
31/05/1934 Renamed Leeds United and registered as GY 62 
09/1939 The Admiralty bought the Leeds United where she served as an Auxiliary Patrol vessel
01/1946 Returned to owners and registered as GY 386 
03/1958 Registered to subsidiary company Rhondda Steam Fishing 

Her Details are

  • Official Number 144005 
  • Yard Number 959 
  • Call Sign GWMV 
  • GT 405 NT 153 
  • Dimensions 155 x 26.4 x 12.2 
  • Quarter deck 84 Foc’sle 25 

Scrapped in 04/1962