Categories
Uncategorised

Coventry City GY 422

Coventry City Built 08/1937 Smith’s Dock Middlesborough for Consolidated Fisheries
Original Name Mareham
12/1938 Renamed Coventry City
29/09/1939 Requisitioned
03/1942 Served off the US East coast along with her crew to help with the convoy system 
10/1942 Returned to Navy Control
15/08/1943 Docked at Selborne dry dock Simonstown South Africa
Remained in South African coastal waters until the end of War 
1945 Returned to UK and was returned to owners 
08/1945 Reconverted for commercial use 
05/1950 Converted to an oil burner 

Her Details are

  • Official Number 164430
  • Admiralty Number FY 267
  • GT 546 NT 196
  • Dimensions 173.6 x 28.6 x 15
  • Quarter Deck 87 Foc’sle 33
  • Speed 12 knots

Scrapped 06/1964