Frolic GY 237

Frolic Built 1890 Earle’s Shipbuilding & Engineering Co Ltd Hull for Grimsby Steam Fishing Co Grimsby
First registered as a liner
07/1915 Sold to J. Bacon
09/1915 Sold to Grimsby group of owners
10/1916 Sold to owners in Scarborough
22/02/1917 Sank by U-Boat gunfire 90 miles off Aberdeen 
22/02/1917 Frolic was sunk by the German submarine UC-42 Otto Heinrich Tornow 90 miles ExS of Aberdeen. There were no casualties
On 22/02/1917 Lord Collingwood SH 266 and Frolic GY 237 came up against an enemy submarine whilst fishing off Aberdeen
Both crews were allowed to board their Lifeboats before the trawlers were sunk. The crew of the Frolic were found that same day. It was 6 days and 11 hours before the Lord Collingwood crew were found
Crew lost on 29/01/1921 W.H. Salsbury Lost

Her Details are

  • Official Number 96213
  • GT 183 NT 79
  • Dimensions 107.4 x 20.5 x 11.5
  • Quarter deck 42 Foc’sle 20

Sank by U-Boat gunfire 90 miles E by S of Aberdeen on the 22/02/1917