Kelvin GY 60

Kelvin Built 1958 Cochrane & Sons Selby for Yorkshire Trawlers Ltd Grimsby as a steam trawler
1960 Transferred to Ross Trawlers Ltd 
1961 Transferred to Yorkshire Trawlers Ltd 
01/1962 Renamed as Ross Kelvin
04/1962 To George F. Sleight & Sons Ltd Grimsby
1968 Port registration number changed to GY 125 after returning from Newfoundland
10/1969 Registered with British United Trawlers after the Ross Group and Associated Fisheries amalgamated to form the company
1970 Transferred to Goweroaks Ltd 
1981 The vessel was converted for use as an oilrig support vessel and was on charter to the Colne Fishing Co Ltd Lowestoft who renamed her Nevis
1982 Ownership passed to George Craig & Sons Aberdeen before being sold to the Colne Shipping Co Ltd Lowestoft Registered as LT 60 
1987 After being given the registration number LT 168 the Nevis was sold for scrap 

Her Details are

  • Official Number 168603
  • Yard Number 1431 
  • GT 448 NT 164 
  • Dimensions 137.5 x 28 x 14.2 
  • Quarter deck 78 Foc’sle 23 
  • Engines 6-cylinder 1440hp Ruston
  • Call Sign GBHX 

28/09/1987 Left Lowestoft for the breakers yard