Categories
Uncategorised

Kelly GY 6

Kelly Built 1955 Cochrane & Sons Selby for Yorkshire Trawlers Ltd as a steam trawler  1960 Transferred to Ross Trawlers Ltd 1961 Transferred to Yorkshire Trawlers Ltd  01/1962 Renamed as Ross Kelly  04/1962 To George F. Sleight & Sons Ltd Grimsby  1966/67 The Ross Kelly was lengthened by the insertion of a 23-foot section in her well deck The work was carried out at J. S. Doig’s shipyard Grimsby The vessel was also converted to diesel power during the conversion 
1968 Port registration changed to GY 125 after returning from Newfoundland  10/1969 Registered with British United Trawlers after the Ross Group and Associated Fisheries amalgamated to form the company 
1970 Transferred to Goweroaks Ltd  1979 Transferred to Ross Trawlers Ltd  1981 The vessel was converted for use as an oilrig support vessel and was on charter to the Colne Fishing Co Ltd Lowestoft who renamed her Caicos 
1982 Ownership passed to George Craig & Sons Aberdeen before being sold to the Colne Shipping Co Ltd Lowestoft  09/06/1982 The Caicos arrived at Lowestoft where she took the registration LT 125  1987 Sold for scrap 


Her Details are

  • Official Number 184936
  • Yard Number 1408 
  • Call Sign GVCQ 
  • GT 448 NT 154 
  • Dimensions 137.5 x 28 x 14.2 
  • Quarter deck 78 Foc’sle 23 
  • Engines 6-cylinder 1440hp Ruston  

09/1987 Left Lowestoft for the breakers yard towing the St. Davids