The Northern Sun was built by Cochrane & Sons of Selby in 1956. The vessels Original name was WYRE MARINER FD34 She sailed out of Fleetwood for part of her career and during this time landed over 1 Million Pounds worth of Fish before leaving for Grimsby to sail with the Northern Fleet on 04/1968.
She registered as GY 2 but retained the original name.
She was Renamed on 05/1968
She also had the honor of being the largest trawler of the Northern Fleet
Here are the Details
- GY 2 / FD 34
- Official No 187848
- Yard No 1412
- 657 GT 244 NT
- Dimensions 169 x 30.5 x 16
- Foc’sle 28′
- Funnel Colours Blue with black top and Blue Letters B U T between wavy Blue Lines on white band
Photo supplied by Photomarine collection
She was Finally Scrapped in 1976