Categories
Uncategorised

Andes GY 5

Andes was built by Edward Brothers North Shields 28/03/1899 owned by J & G Alward 1908 Purchased into the Royal navy for minesweeper trials. Based at Portland for trials as an Auxiliary Minesweeper in company with Algoma
12/1911 sold to Spurn Steam Fishing Requisitioned 1917 for Fishery Reserve commissioned and flew white ensign continued commercial fishing under naval control 06/1923 sold to A Bannister 11/1931 sold to F Bannister 02/1937 Renamed Andros GY 5 05/1947 sold to A Bannister


Her Details are 

  • Official Number 110875
  • Yrad Number 603
  • GT 169 NT 54
  • Dimensions 106 x 21 x 11
  • Quarter Deck 48′ Foc’sle 20′
  • Engines 45 HP

Scrapped 03/1957